Motherhood can get very busy, sometimes too busy for a mom to reflect and look back at what has been. So many moms do not even pause to celebrate their wins. The end of the year is a good time to do that. Especially now that so many of us are dealing with end-of-year fatigue, trying to meet final deadlines, and plan for the holidays with the kids (amongst other things). The truth is that we can all do with some motivation and good news and that we can get by looking back on all that we have managed to accomplish this year. Here are 16 journal prompts for yearly reflection for moms.
- How did I improve the way in which I take care of myself as a mom this year?
- How can I ensure that I take better care of myself next year?
- What is my favorite moment with my kid(s) this year? What makes this moment so special?
- How did I show my kids that I love them this year?
- What kind of a parent was I this year?
- How can I become a better parent next year?
Chasing Mommy Dreams
- What goals am I proud of myself for achieving this year?
- Which characteristics helped me to achieve those goals?
- What “Mommy dreams” do I want to achieve in the coming year?
- How did I nurture my romantic relationship this year? How can I nourish more next year?
- Who did I spend most of my time with this year and how do I feel about that?
- Did I let go of anyone or did anyone let go of me? How does that make me feel?
- In what ways did I grow as a woman and as a mom this year?
- In what ways did I invest in my personal growth this year?
- Who helped me the most with my growth this year?
- What skills do I want to learn in the new year?
I hope that my journal prompts for yearly reflection for moms help you to remember all your wins for the year, whether big or small. Do let me know which ones are your favorite from this list and how you reflect on the year.
Photography by Melon Creatives